TAVA members are business and property owners residing in the Third Avenue Village District. Our district includes Third Avenue between E and H Streets, as far east as Church Avenue and as far west as Garrett Avenue.
Property Based Improvement District (PBID)
Initiated by property owners and managed by the TAVA Board of Directors, the Third Avenue Village Property and Business Improvement District provides for special benefits, improvements and enhanced services within the PBID Boundaries (see attached map). The PBID provides a variety of improvements such landscaping, graffiti abatement, hardscape maintenance, district promotion, advocacy, safety, cleanliness, economic development, sidewalk power washing, and increased amenities. All this is funded and directed
by property owners.
Business Improvement District (BID)
The Third Avenue Village is a business improvement district established by the City of Chula Vista. Governed by a volunteer-based Board of Directors, 501(c)(6) non-profit organization, Third Avenue Village Association (TAVA) advocates for Third Avenue’s business community, administers the Third Avenue Village Business Improvement District (BID), and champions development that preserves the community’s historic integrity and
promotes an urban, pedestrian-friendly environment.
Third Avenue Village Association Meetings & Information
The Third Avenue Village Association’s three committees provide members the opportunity to make decisions, evaluate current programs, develop new strategies and obtain desired outcomes that benefit Third Avenue Village.
The Board of Directors meets the first Wednesday of every month at 7:30 a.m. at the Chula Vista City Hall. The Board of Directors responsibility is to:
- Collectively the board acts in a fiduciary role by maintaining oversight of the nonprofit’s finances. Board members must evaluate financial policies, approve annual budgets, and review periodic financial reports to ensure that the organization has the necessary resources to carry out its mission
- Actively participate in organizational planning and decision-making process and attend monthly board meetings while adhering to the attendance policy
- Board members must ensure that the organization complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and adheres to the Brown Act
- Serve on at least one committee, adhering to the attendance policy
- When acting on behalf of the organization board members must put the interests of TAVA before any personal or professional concerns and avoid potential conflicts of interest
- Each Director shall serve for a term of three years
The Economic Development Committee meets the second Tuesday of the month at 8:00 a.m. at the TAVA office. The committee’s purpose is to:
- Monitor the economic condition of Third Avenue Village
- Strengthen existing businesses and recruit new ones
- Identify new economic uses of existing buildings
- Identify and develop financial incentives and capital for building rehabilitation, improvements and development
The Promotional Committee meets the third Tuesday of the month at 8:30 a.m. at the TAVA office. The committee’s purpose is to:
- Facilitate and support member collaborations
- Understand and support the changing market for district promotion and events as a means to attract consumers
- Identify and promote assets and attractions that make up the district (such as Memorial Park, Streetscape, among others)
- Assist in developing and promoting image campaigns
- Review, recommend, and approve calendar of events
The Executive Committee is comprised of the Executive Officers of the Board of Directors and meets the fourth Tuesday of the month at 9:00 a.m. at the TAVA office.
Upcoming Events and Meetings…
Executive Committee Meeting
Jan 28, 2020 9:00am
The Third Avenue Village Association (TAVA) welcomes the support and involvement of business owners from outside our designated Third Avenue business district (E to H Street) who have a desire to contribute to the overall success of the Village here in Chula Vista, California.
For those businesses that would like to become more involved, TAVA offers your company the opportunity to become an Associate Member.
Let’s stay in touch!
Join our monthly Newsletter to receive news and updates