WHO WE ARE
THIRD AVENUE VILLAGE ASSOCIATION
The Third Avenue Village Association is a 501(c)(6) public benefit corporation that was established to oversee and expedite the revitalization and beautification of Chula Vista’s Original neighborhood. The Association represents the property owners and businesses of Third Avenue.
The Association pledges to advocate on behalf of its members’ best interests in the areas of public safety, beautification, promotion, and economic development while preserving the unique cultural resources that exist in our neighborhood.
The Association currently has 10 Board Members that are comprised of property owners and business owners and a City of Chula Vista & County of San Diego representatives. The Board of Directors meets virtually on the first Wednesday of every month; unless otherwise posted. For more detailed information on dates and location, visit the Calendar page and if you would like to be added to the Member Newsletter, please email Michelle Thomas de Mercado at email@example.com. As a reminder, all Board and Committee meetings are open to the general public.
CURRENT OFFICERS OF THE BOARD
Kendell Manion, President (Business Owner)
Kevin Lewis, Vice President (Business Owner)
Benjamin Green, Treasurer (Business Owner)
CURRENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Slade Fischer, Property & Business Owner
Greg La Marca, Property Owner Representative
Kevin Pointer, City of Chula Vista Representative
Dr. Gonzalo Quintero, Business Owner
Joseph Raso, Business Owner
Jake Reynolds, Property Owner Representative
Ron Richie, Business Owner
Helmer Rodriguez, County of San Diego Representative
The Third Avenue Village Association’s three committees provide members the opportunity to make decisions, evaluate current programs, develop new strategies and obtain desired outcomes that benefit Third Avenue Village.
The Economic Development Committee meets virtually the second Tuesday of the month at 8:00 a.m. at the TAVA office. The committee’s purpose is to:
- Monitor the economic condition of Third Avenue Village
- Strengthen existing businesses and recruit new ones
- Identify new economic uses of existing buildings
- Identify and develop financial incentives and capital for building rehabilitation, improvements and development
The Promotional Committee meets virtually the third Tuesday of the month at 8:30 a.m. at the TAVA office. The committee’s purpose is to:
- Facilitate and support member collaborations
- Understand and support the changing market for district promotion and events as a means to attract consumers
- Identify and promote assets and attractions that make up the district (such as Memorial Park, Streetscape, among others)
- Assist in developing and promoting image campaigns
- Review, recommend, and approve calendar of events
The Executive Committee is comprised of the Executive Officers of the Board of Directors and meets virtually the fourth Tuesday of the month at 9:00 a.m.
Luanne Hulsizer – Executive Director | Director@thirdavenuevillage.com
Kelly Lannom – Event Manager | Events@thirdavenuevillage.com
Michelle Thomas de Mercado – Administrative Assistant | Info@thirdavenuevillage.com
Let’s stay in touch!
Join our monthly Newsletter to receive news and updates